What is Vaginoplasty?
Vaginal Relaxation is a term loosely used to describe stretching of the vaginal muscles due to weakness, loss of tone and strength.
Vaginal Relaxation may result from aging, multiple vaginal childbirths, and not strengthening pelvic and perineal muscles especially after childbirth.
Labiaplasty, also spelled labioplasty, is a vagina surgery which involves reduction of the labia. The popularity of Vaginal Rejuvenation (vaginal surgery) has skyrocketed over the last few years.
Public awareness of these procedures has increased because of the frequent articles in women’s magazines such as Elle and New Woman.
Women request labiaplasty surgery for two reasons. Some feel discomfort during sexual intercourse and desire a change.
However, many women simply wish to change the appearance of the external sex organs: the Mons Pubis (fatty area under the pubic hair) or the external/internal labia (lips of the vagina). Most patients have labiaplasty to reduce the length of the genetalia.
Types of Procedures
- Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a standard gynecologic surgical procedure. It tightens vaginal muscles and surrounding soft tissues by reducing excess vaginal mucosa resulting in greater contraction strength and control.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation: This aesthetic vaginal surgery aims to tighten lax muscles and tissues and removes excess vaginal skin to narrow the diameter of the vagina resulting in a smaller and tighter opening and vaginal canal.
- Labiaplasty: Reduction and beautification of the outer appearance of the vagina by reducing the size and/or shape of the labia minor.
- Perineoplasty (Perineorrhaphy): Aims to make this region appear normal by excising excess skin, loose skin tags and suturing the underlying muscles or the perineal body closer together to give a more snug feeling in the introitus or vaginal opening
- Labiaplasty Minora (Labial Reduction): This surgery is for the removal of excess skin, floppy or uneven labia minora that often causes chronic irritation, rubbing or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Labiaplasty Majora: The broader outer lips of the vulva can be enlarged by excess skin and tissue. The surgery makes them less prominent and saggy.
- Clitoral Hood Reduction: Excess skin on the sides of the clitoris often causes the clitoris to look enlarged or uneven. Surgery improves the aesthetic appearance of the genital area by excising the extra folds of skin lateral to the clitoris. The clitoris itself and its nerves are never touched.
- Hymenoplasty: This surgery is the reconstruction of the hymen. Cultural, religious or social reasons predominate when this surgery is contemplated.
- G-Spot Amplification: It enhances and enlarges the g-spot. This treatment can temporarily augment the Grafenburg spot (G-Spot) and is only effective in women with normal sexual function.
Contact your Personal Care Manager today for a free consultation.