Dr. Edgar Leino is a Bariatric Surgeon with extensive experience and training in the US (Mercy Hospital, Miami, FL), France (Juana de Arco Clinic, Lyon), Mexico (Medical Center La Raza), and the Dominican Republic (Santiago University of Technology and Salvador B. Gautier Hospital).
He is a recognized expert in bariatric and lap-band surgery and has published multiple essays in medical books and journals.
He is a member of the Dominican Medical School and Medical School of Surgeons of the Dominican Republic, and is the Director of Premedical Sciences at the Santiago University of Technology.
Lap-band surgery can be an ideal way to help severely obese people lose weight. Together with a healthy lifestyle, it is very effective and helps you realize a “healthy new you”.
Below are the results of a few lap-band procedures that Dr. Leino has done. As you can see, the results speak for themselves.
If your are interested in learning more about lap-band surgery and how it can help you lose weight and live a healithier life, please request a quote today!
Ready to change your life?
Dr. Edgar Alfonso Leino Vasquez, MD
- Medical Doctor – Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago 1990-1995
- General Surgery – Salvador B. Gautier Hospital 1997-2001
- Active Member of the Colegio Medico Dominicano (Dominican Medical School), Dominican Republic
- Active Member of the Colegio Medico de Cirujanos (Medical School of Surgeons), Dominican Republic
Essays Published in Books
- Acute Abdominal Pain. Medical-Surgical Emergencies. 2003. p397-416.
Essays Published in Magazines
- Explatory Thoracotomy in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Cancer. Salvador B. Gautier Hospital. Neumos Magazine, Volume 9. January-March 1996.
- Ulcer of Inferior Limbs, Prevalence and Surgical Handling. Salvador B. Gautier Hospital. Revista Medica AMD (AMD Medical Magazine). Volume 3 No 2. 1997.
- Anesthetic and Surgical Handling of Patients Wounded with Knives. AMD Medical Magazine. Volume 4 No. 3. January-June 1997.
- Inter Generic Parity and Period in Adolescent Females in Los Almacigos Subcenter of Health, Santiago Rodriguez, Dom. Rep. January-November 1997. AMD Guild 1997.
- Head and Neck Surgery. Centro Medico LA RAZA (Medical Center La Raza). Instituto Mexicano de Seguro Social (Mexican Social Security Institute). Mexico, D.F. March-April 2000.
- Surgical Treatment of Obesity by Adjustable Lap Band. Clinica Juana de Arco. Lyon, France. June 2004.
- Obesity Treatment by Intragastric Balloon. Helioscopie, Lyon, France. June 2004.
- Laparoscopy Gastric Sleeve. Mercy Hospital, Miami, 2008.
- Health Educator. Subcentro Villa Duarte, 1990-1997
- Medical Intern. Montecristi, Dom. Rep., 1996-1997
- Professor of Anatomy. Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago, 2001-2004
- Professor of Surgical Internship. Salvador B. Gautier Hospital, 2000-2001
- UNIBE Surgical Pre-internship Assistant Professor. Salvador B. Gautier Hospital, 2000-2001
- Surgical Intern. Felix Goico Hospital, 2001-2003
- Surgical Assistant. Felix Goico Hospital, 2003-2008
- Surgical Assistant. Marcelino Velez Hospital, 2003-2004
- Director of Premedical Sciences. Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago, 2001-2008